Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December

December has big meaning in my life. This time last year I was preparing myself for our first fertility appointments, hoping that it was something simple. We were hoping to have a baby by this time. But God had other plans. Now here we are in this journey. The things that happen in a year are crazy! I know that the next year won't hold too many surprises... Unless we get our referral early... We'll be waiting for the news of a bundle of love waiting on us in Ethiopia!

I am just overwhelmed by the thought that with all the excitement of this past year (see: new dog, adoption journey, and deciding to settle down and buy a house) next year scares me. I dislike sitting around waiting, the unknown scares me.

On a bright note, we are so excited to be waiting though! YAY! While we wait we are going to do some "last ____________ without kids". Like little weekend trips to places we've never been to before. We'll also be doing lots of reading and praying about the adoption. So here's my challenge to you: be our prayer partners. Make it a new years resolution to pray with us, every day for our little boy and his birth family and for us to be patient!

If you are interested in partnering with us I am making up a prayer card for fridges or whatever that will remind you! You can email me (top left of the page) and let me know if you want to be a prayer partner and I will send you a card!

Looking like we will have this home study under wraps by Christmas thanks to YOU ALL! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

(That was an ADD post but glad you stuck around and read it all! LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I will check it and post it soon!